Hi guys !!
This is one of the bakes out of 3 I have recently made 🙂
This is a Mary Berry recipe … (She’s so cool and cute 😂)
Its super easy and I hope you use it and enjoy it 🙂
You will need..
For the cake: 1½ large eggs
87.5g (3 oz) self-raising flour
87.5g (3 oz) caster sugar
87.5g (3 oz) softened butter
3/4 level tsp baking powder
Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
For the drizzle: 50g Caster sugar
Juice of ½ lemon
(Also a 1lb loaf shaped Tin)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
- Beat together the eggs, flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder and lemon zest until smooth in a large mixing bowl and turn into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 35 mins, or until golden brown, shrinking away from the sides of the tin and springy to the touch.
- While the cake is still warm, make the lemon drizzle topping. Mix together the sugar and lemon juice, and pour over the warm cake.
- Leave to cool a little and loosen the sides of the cake, then lift the cake out of the tin.
Here’s my Lemon drizzle cake 😉
Take pictures if you guys make this and be sure to send them to me !! Also drop in a message to know I know your still reading my blog !! Otherwise give me a blog idea you want me to write about 🙂
OBG… Aka – OnlineBloggingGirl